Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Auteur / Message

FAQ US du forum officiels

hida benji
Joueur Invétéré

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 07, 2005 5:17 pm     Sujet du message: FAQ US du forum officiels

voici pour les courageux la FAQ US du jeu, je vais tacher de traduire ca vite pour ceux qui sont allergique a l'anglais...

If my the damage from my critical hit with the Sverd is prevented, am I still able to make the free attack granted by Sverd's ability?

-Yes. The ability is not dependant on dealing damage with a critical hit, only to have made the critical hit in the first place.

However, you must actually make a critical hit - roll doubles and beat the defense roll in order to get the extra attack. Simply rolling doubles is not enough.

What spaces are 'adjacent' to my warrior?

-Any of the eight spaces next to your warrior, e.g. those that share a side or corner with your warrior's space, are adjacent to your warrior. Adjacency does not 'loop' from one side of the arena to the other

How does Julius Caesar's ability work?

-When you use this ability, you are setting the outcome of the die roll. You don't actually roll any dice, and use '7' as the total of the dice rolled. You still add any appropriate modifiers (like your attack grid, if the roll is an attack roll) to the roll.

The roll cannot be doubles (since you didn't roll two dice and get the same result on both), unless another card's effect makes the roll doubles. You must decide to use this ability before seeing any opposing roll.

What happens when both players have abilities that can be used at the same time? Who plays their abilities first?

If two players have abilities that activate at the same time, the precedence goes like this:
1) Current Player (or in the case of Reveal or 'start of round' abilities, the player with higher initiative) decides to use any/all abilities that trigger at this time.
2) Opponent decides to use any/all of their abilities that trigger at this time.
3) Current Player (same player as in 1 above) gets the chance to use any abilities he hadn't already used in part 1 above.
4) Opponent (same player as in 2 above) gets the chance to use any abilities he hadn't already used in part 2 above.

This continues until all relevant abilities are used, or until both players in sequence 'pass' the opportunity to use a relevant ability. If this happens, niether player can use any further abilities that trigger at this time and play continues.

Basically, each involved player will have the opportunity to use their abilities and react to the other player using their abilities

There has been some confusion about the Bokken. I heard that there may be some errata or other change to the card. Can you clarify how it works?

-Here is how the Bokken works:

Precision: Once per turn, you may re-roll one die on an attack roll.

1) Up to once during each player's turn, you may re-roll (or force to be re-rolled) any one die of an attack roll.

-You may re-roll a die during any kind of attack roll (weapon or basic).
-You may choose a die that is part of an opponent's attack roll and force that die to be rerolled.

If you have two Bokken in play (via the 'Pair' ability):
-You may do each of these things up to two times per turn.
-You may use the abilities on the same or different attack rolls.
- You may see the result of the first re-roll before deciding to use the second re-roll ability.
-You may re-roll the same die twice.

There are currently no plans to errata or to consider errata for the Bokken.

What happens when both players try to use Zeus at the start of a turn?

-The player with the higher initiative would get the first chance to use their Zeus. If they chose to name Zeus' ability, the other player could not use their Zeus this turn, but could on the start of the next round.

If the first player did not name Zeus' ability, the second player would be able to use theirs. If they named Zeus' abilty, it would cancel the first player's Zeus, making the ability named by the first player useable again

How does Grettir work with Musha Shugyo?

-Grettir's attack rolls that are doubles do not count as critical hits, but other cards can make his attacks critical hits. All of Grettir's attacks are critical hits when Musha Shugyo is in effect.
What happen when Zeus 'turns off' the Bokken's 'Pair' ability?

-If a player with has an illegal combination of cards after Zeus' abilty is used, that player will have to discard cards to make their combination legal, regardless of why the cards are illegal (hand usage, cards of the same type, name, or body location). This is true for any such circumstance during any part of a game. (Except Loki - see related question

If My opponent is using a 2-handed weapon, and I exchange it for my 1-handed weapon with Loki, can I throw that weapon away if I also have a 1-handed shield in play?

-No. This is a special exception to the Card Combinations rules. In the above case and others, Loki can create conditions that would normally allow a player to discard the weapon gotten from their opponent and then recieve their original weapon back at the end of the round.

To prevent this case from happening, the Card Combinations rules concerning the number of cards of a certain type a player can use at once and number of Hands required by some cards are all suspended while Loki is in effect.

Players trade weapons when Loki is revealed and then return them at the end of the round

Is there a difference between a 'round' and a 'turn'?

-Yes. A 'round' consists of the following parts:
1) Cards are revealed and initiative is determined.
2) Reveal and 'at start of round' abilities are used.
3) Each player plays one turn, in order of initiative.
4) 'At end of round' abilities are used.

During each player's turn, they will take a number of actions as dictated by their speed to attack, move, or use 'Action' abilities.

During a match, players play several games.
During a game, five rounds are played.
During each round, each player takes one turn.

Game is synonymous with challenge, but futrre cards will use the term game for consistency

If my the damage from my critical hit with the Sverd is prevented, am I still able to make
the free attack granted by Sverd's ability?

-Yes. The ability is not dependant on dealing damage with a critical hit, only to have made the critical hit in the first place.

However, you must actually make a critical hit - roll doubles and beat the defense roll in order to get the extra attack. Simply rolling doubles is not enough.

What are the specific differences between 'moving' and 'rotating'?

-On your turn, you may use an action to affect your warrior's position in three ways:
1) You may 'move' from one space to an adjacent space. Normally, you cannot move diagonally.
2) You may rotate your warrior in place to face any of the four sides of that warrior's space.
3) You may first move, then rotate, your warrior.

'Moving' is defined as 'the act of leaving one space and entering another'. For this reason, rotating does not trigger Beowulf's penalty or Kopis' damage bonus.

Whenever a card ability allows you to move your warrior, you are allowed the same option as you are when you use an action to move - you may rotate for free after moving. Nakano Takeko, Uma, Bucephalus, and Pythagoras are all examples of cards that move your warrior. [Clarified on 6/27/5]

When a card allows you to move another player's warrior, that card will specify whether you may also rotate that warriior

Can I add bonuses to attacks that are made with specified bonuses, like the shuriken's attacks which are 'made at +0'?

-No. The card text specifies the total modifiers to that attack's roll.

When I attack with the Ninja-to, can the third die (the one that isn't used) have any effect on the game?

-No. Only the dice that are used in the final attack can have any effect on the roll or any card abilities.

When is a warrior's life checked to see if they have been defeated?

-Only after all card abilities relevant to the situation have been used. If a card ability lets a player gain life in the middle of an attack action, they may not be defeated by the attack.

In contrast, if an ability is used after an attack is made, it would not occur before player's life totals are checked

Does De Bello Gallico count the initiative of cards I have discarded from play when considering its game text?

-No. Only cards that are in play and face up have any effect on game play, unless otherwise stated on the card itself.

Does Beowulf's penalty apply if I move from one space in Beowulf's attack grid to another on my turn?

-Yes. Whenever you move out of any space in any of Beowulf's attack grids (weapon or basic) on your turn, regardless of where you are moving to or what card allows the movement, you will incur Beowulf's penalty.

If the movement is allowed as part of a card ability, you must still expend an action to fill the 'cost' created by Beowulf's ability. Thus, Nakano Takeko or a similar card's ability would cost an action if affected by beowulf, and Uma's 'Action' ability would cost an extra action for each space in any of Beowulf's attack grid that you left in the course of performing the action.

Cards that allow you to move as Reveal or 'at the start of the round', or those that allow you to move on another player's turn (like Kimono) are unaffected by Beowulf.

If you do not have an extra action to spend when Beowulf forces you to, you cannot move out of the space you are in.

Moving out of a space that is in more than one of Beowulf's attack grids does not incur additional penalties.

These same principles apply to Grendel (for attacking) as well.

What is a player's initiative for round 5?

-Since no player revealed a support card in round 5, all player's have an initiative of null. Warriors use their experience to break this tie, determining turn order for this round.

For Odin and other cards that refer to initiative, null has some important characteristics:
-Null is niether odd nor even (for that matter, neither is zero)
-Null cannot ever be greater than,equal to, or less than any other value. Null is equal to null, which causes the above tie.
-A player using Odin in round 5 would roll of one die and add null; this would equal the value of the die rolled. Null is treated just like zero for this case.

Can I move into a space in a warrior's basic or weapon attack grids when I use Elhaz Rune?

-Either. You may move into any space in any of the opponents' attack grids.

Can I use 2 or more armor cards as long as they all have diiferent body location traits (eg. Torso, Head, Legs, Arms)?

-No. You may only have one armor card, regardless of the location that the armor card occupies.

These body location tratis may appear on non-armor cards. You may not use a Head Special card and a Head Armor card at the same time, for example.

Can initiative values drop below zero?

-Yes. All cards that referenc initiative values still function properly if the value is less than 0. For instance, if you have an initiative value of -2, your opponent with Odin in play would roll one die and subtract 2 for each attack and defense roll.

What happens at the start of the fifth round if I am using Nemasis or Langox to alter the initiative values of that round?

Since neither player has an initiative value for round five, none of these nonexistant values and be modified. Initiative during round five is always determined solely on experience.

Does Berserkerganger damage my warrior every time I attack? What if I miss or defeat my opponent?

-Berserkerganger deals its damage after an attack is made, regardless of the outcome of the attack. You will take damage if you attack and miss.

If your attack defeats your opponent, you will win the game before berserkerganger damages you.

Please help me understand Blossious of Cumae.

-Starting with the round that you reveal it, and for each round thereafter that it remains in play, Blossius will cause the turn order to be reversed, with the player that revealed the lowest initiative for that turn playing first. Ties in initiative (and play order for the fifth round) are still broken by experience.

Since Blossius is not a Reveal or 'At start of the round' ability, it comes into effect as soon as it is face up. This is why it works the round it is revealed. This also means that if you reveal another Inspiration card, Blossius will affect the Initiative for that round before you have to choose which inspiration to discard.

Two copies of blossius in play at once do not cancel each other out.

How does Odin work with Julius Caesar?

-If a player uses Julius Caesar's ability while they have Odin in play, their next roll will be a 7.

Can Amazonia attack with each of her weapons on each of her turns? Can she use two weapons of the same name?

-Amazonia can attack once wit each of her weapons on each of her turns. Her ability allows you to have 2 weapons in play, but you must still abide by the rules that state that you can only use one copy of each card and no more than 2 hands worth of cards.

Can Marcus Claudius Marcellus make an attack if he is in any of his opponent's attack grids? Can this hit deal 2 damage if it is a critical?

-You can attack your opponenent from any of their attack grids. Nothing can increase the damage of this attack above 1.

Please clear up the phrase 'this turn' in Disciplina's text.

-The ability may be used any round, and 'this' refers to the round in which you are making the attack roll. 'Turn' should more properly have been 'round' since there is no initiative for each turn. If the increase does not cause doubles, it is the equivalent of a +1 to the die roll.

How do Loki and Zeus interact with Ninja?

-You can be given a 2-handed weapon by Loki. Since Loki causes all restrictions about weapon usage (by card type, name, hands, etc.) to be ignored, you could use that 2-handed weapon during the round that Loki is in effect.

If you tried to reveal a 2-handed weapon with Zeus in play, you would have to discard the weapon because of the Shinobi abiity before you would have the chance to make use of zeus' ability.

Does Alexander III of Macedon combo with Jupiter?

-Alexander III of Macedon guarantees that you will take the first turn in each round, but does ot guarantee that you ill win initiative. You do not automatically benefit from Jupiter with Alexander III of Macedon.
Can I ever make a critical hit with Odin in play?

-Without another card that creates doubles for attack rolls or critical hits for your attacks, no. Your opponent's initiative is not a die and therefore cannot match the other die you roll.

Does the 'attack rolls +2' ability of Shinmen Takezo apply to all of his attacks, including basic attacks?

-Yes.

Can I use Harald Hardrada and Loricae Segmentta to reduce the damage from one attack twice?

-Yes. You choose the order that you apply these effects, and each effect lists the minimum it may reduce the damage to. You may use abilities in the order that reduces the damage to the lowest minimum.

Under which circumstances do I get to make a free basic attack with Herakles?

-Whenever an opponent moves into a space in your basic attack grid. This could be by their action or card ability, or could be from your card ability. The important distinction is that they ae the one moving, not you.

If both players are playing Alexander III of Macedon, who takes the first action each round?

-Since both players are using the same warrior, this card creates a bit of a connundrum. In this case, the player that loses initiative would take one damage from their card ability. At this point, bth warriors are trying to take the first turn in the round. For cases lke this, as with other ties, players use experience, followed by a roll-off with no modifiers, to break the tie.

What do I do if I have Odin face-up and I attack with Ninja-to?

-Since these abilities conflict directly and are not additive (niether says to roll one more or less die - both specify a number of dice to roll), you would choose which card's ability is used.

Can attack or defense rolls exceed 12 or fall below 2?

-Yes. Attack and defense rolls (or any roll, for that matter) may end up at any value after modifiers and such are applied.

What bonuses does Canute get from Crown of England?

-Canute is all elements, and ths gets all of the stated bonuses and penalties from the Crown.

Is Marcus Claudius Marcellus considered to have no attack grid?

-Marcus has no modifiers in any spaces in his attack grid; therefore a warrior is never considered to be in Macus' basic attack grid.

If I have Spartan Lakonian and my opponent has no weapon, do my basic attack rolls also get +1?

-Yes. Spartan Lakonian doesn't read 'attack rolls with this weapon', so it affects all of your attack rolls.

Which spaces are 'directly or diagonally behind' my warrior? Which are 'next to' my warrior?

-'Next to' and 'adjacent' are the same term - in fact, 'next to' is a translated term used in place of 'adjacent'.

The spaces 'directly and diagonally behind' your warrior are those that are adjacent to, but behind your warrior. If your warrior were the center of a compass, these spaces would be SW, S and SE.

|_|_|_| The '^' is your warrior, and the 'X' spaces are those that are directly and
|_|_|_| diagonally adjacent to your warrior.
|_|^|_|
|X|X|X|

If I play a second copy of a card with an ability that can only be used "once per game", can I use the ability on the second copy of the card?

-Normally, you cannot use more than one copy of each given card in your 4 support cards. However, if you use an ability on a card that is used once per game, and that card is later discarded and returned to play, you could not use that ability a second time

Which ties does Oda Nobunaga win, and which does he lose?

-All ties: Initiative, Attack/Defense, and end of game ties, go to experince. Since Oda Nobunaga wins all ties regardless of experience, he wins all of these kinds of ties.

If Boudicca reveals a Cavalry card as her first support card, does it gain +2 initiative from her ability?

-Yes. Like Blossius of Cumae, abilities with constant effects that do not specify 'reveal' or 'start of the round' come into effect as soon as they enter play. In this case, a cavalry support card would activate Boudicca's ability, which would then add +2 initiative to that Cavalry card.

If I use the action ability on Ramses II and make a weapon attack, does it count as my weapon attack for the turn?

-Yes. Unless the ability says to make an 'immediate', 'second' or 'additional' attack and specifies a weapon attack, the attack will count as your weapon attack for the turn.

Is it possible to create an 'infinite loop' of card abilities?

-There may be a series of card plays that allow you to use and then reuse a series of abilities, seemingly with no end in sight. If this ever happens, just consider all of the abilities involved in the 'loop' to be used once, and continue the game from the point just after all of those abilities were triggered.

If I use Alfred the Great on an ability that gives a variable attack roll bonus, what happens?

-The entire attack roll bonus is 'turned off' and replaced with a constant '+1 to defense rolls' bonus. It doesn't matter when, how, or how large the attack roll bonus was.

Can a warrior have negative experience?

-If a card effect reduces a warrior's experience by more than they have, their experience will go to a negative number.

If a card requires you to 'spend' experience as a cost, you cannot do so if you have less than 1 experience, as you don't have any to spend.

If my opponent is using Dane Axe and I reveal Excalibur, how much exra damage would my Excalibur deal?

-Excalibur's damage bonus is equal to the base damage of the opponent's weapon. In the case of the Dane Axe, that base damage is always 0 - the damage from the Dane Axe is all a bonus based off of the number of face-up support cards.

In this case, Excalibur would get a damage bonus of +0.

How do damage bonuses and Critical Hits interact?

-Damage bonuses are applied after the base damage of a weapon is doubled. Weapons with damage bonuses like Excalibur, Dane Axe, Alman Sukh, and Kopis, do not have those bonuses doubled when you use them in a critical hit.

How exactly does Nemere work?

-Nemere's text reads:
At the start of each round, choose a direction. At the start of each player's turn, move their warrior one space in the chosen direction if possible.

Here are the answers to several questions asked about the card:
-You can choose any direction, even a diagonal. These directions are relative to the board, not to a warrior. If you choose a diagonal direction, warriors that cannot normally move digonally are moved diagonally by Nemere.
-When your Nemere moves your warrior, you may rotate with that movement.
-When your Nemere moves an opposing warrior, they do not rotate.
-When Beowulf's Nemere moves Beowulf's opponent, the movement does not cost an extra action, since the movement is caused by Beowulf's card.
-Nemere cannot move a warrior out of the arena or into an occupied space.

Does Atilla the Hun give his future attacks a bonus each time he himself attack, or when another warrior attacks?

-Both. Any attack by any warrior increases Atilla's bonus for future attacks.

Which bonus does Canute gain from cards that give a bonuse to warriors of either of two different elemnts?

-Canute would gain all such bonuses. Canute always counts as all elements, so all cards that spcify any element would affect him. Any card that affects a 'non-<element>' warrior would also always afftect Canute.

Is a card that adds a bonus to 'all rolls' considered to be adding a bonus to attack or defense rolls as part of this bonus?

-Yes.

Does Ealswith count damage done to your warrior by your own cards, or only damage dealt by opponents' cards?

-Ealswith cunts all damage dealt by any card or attack.

How many hands does Zhad require to use?

-Two. There is a minor printing error in which the card reads '2 Hand' instead of '2 Hands'.

How often can Guan Yu gain his speed bonus?

-Once each round. Hitting with 4 basic attacks in one round does not trigger the bonus a second time.

Can I use Lady of the Lake to copy the Reveal ability of an Inspiration card?

-No. Since the Lady is herself an inspiration, you will have to discard one of your inspirations before using the Reveal ability of the Lady. If you are allowed to have Lady and another Inspiration in play, this in not a problem, and you may re-use the reveal ability of the other inspiration.

If I roll a pair of ones on a roll, do I gain one life or two from my Udjat Eye?

-Two; the Eye triggers once for each one rolled. Note that rolls made to break ties between warriors that are tied on experience ('Straight roll-off' rolls) do not trigger the Eye.

What is the discard pile the Horn Bow Refers to? When can I use this ability?

-All cards discarded from the game during play, and all cards discarded after one game in a multiple-game match (such as a best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 tournament match) are placed in your discard pile.

The Horn Bow is minorly misprinted; it's ability is an 'Action' ability.

Does the damage bonus of the Minb accumulate over several missed attack rolls? When I finally hit with this weapon, do I get all of the bonus damage at once?

-Yes to both questions; if you miss with the Minb 3 times and hit with the fourth attack, that attack will deal +3 damage.

If I reveal an inspiration round 1, and then reveal Yang Wang Ye on round 2. Does the discarding of one of my illegal inspirations trigger Yeng Wang Ye?

-Assuming that you discarded the inspiration you revealed in round 1, yes. If you discarded Yeng Wang Ye and left the other inspiration in play, Yeng Wang Ye would not be in play and its ability couldn't be used.

I'm playing Odin. My opponent uses Nemesis to increase his initiative for this round by 10, giving him 16 initiative for the round. Does this bonus affect my bonus from Odin?

-Certainly. If your opponent has an initiative of 15, you would roll one die and add 15 instead of rolling two dice for that round.

Does Mangudai Steed allow an attack with a ranged weapon even if it has already been used for that turn? What about outside of my turn? What if my opponent is not in the weapon's attack grid?

-The attack granted by the Steed can be made if you have already used the weapon that turn, and doesn't count against the weapon's 'one attack per turn' limit. The attack can be made outside of your turn. The attack roll is always made at +0; the roll cannot gain bonuses, and the attack can be made even if the target is not in the weapon's attack grid.

Can I discard a face-down card with Yue or other similar cards?

-Face-down cards can never be discarded from play by any means whatsoever.

How does Tao Yuan San Jie Yi inteact with Sun Tzu, Yue Fei or Guan Yu if I choose to negate speed bonuses?

-Any speed bonuses for the current round are negated, and future speed bonuses cannot be gained during this round.

Sun Tzu would lose all 'stored' actions and have 3 speed for this round. He could then 'store' these actions for next round.

Guan Yu would lose all speed bonuses gained in previous rounds and could not gain any on this round. On future rounds, he would regain speed bonuses gained from rounds before Tao Yuan San Jie Yi was revealed.

Yue Fei would have a speed of 1 for the round that Tao Yuan San Jie Yi is revealed, but would be able to gain speed bonuses on future rounds.

B]What happens if a card ability moves the attacking or defending warrior after the attack is declared but before a hit is determined (such as with Udjat Eye and Gutal)?

-As soon as the attacker annonces his attack, as long as the attack is legal at that point, all values about the attack are determined, and do not change until the attack is completed.

If either warrior involved in an attack moves such that the defender is no longer in the right attack grid, or a card providing a bonus to the attack roll, defense roll, or damage (or even the attacking weapon itself) is discarded from play after the attack is declared but before the attack resolves, the attack continues as normal.

For instance, if the defender moves due to effects that trigger off of attack or defense rolls, the attack is still completed. If a card that adds a damage bonus is discarded after the attack is declared, the bonus will still apply to that attack, but not to future attacks.

If such a case happens before an effect is triggered, the effect cannot be triggered if it is no longer legal. For example, if a card that would allow a re-roll is discarded after the attack is declared but before the initial roll is made, the ability on that card cannot be used after it is discarded.
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 07, 2005 6:46 pm     Sujet du message:

Y'a du gros listing là, merci Benji Smile

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 07, 2005 11:28 pm     Sujet du message:

Bon je me suis vaguement attaqué a une traduction de la FAQ, n'etant pas non plus diplomé d'anglais, mais connaissant un minimum les termes des jcc, j'éspère pouvoir finir çà d'ici demain et le poster ici.

n'empeche qu'il y a des passages qui sont pas très clair dans leur formulation donc j'espère que vous serez indulgent vis a vis de ce travail Wink

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2005 8:18 am     Sujet du message:

Camembérisation de la première partie des questions seulement, parce qu'il était tard…

Si les dégâts causés par mon coup critique avec Sverd sont annulés, puis-je toujours lancer l'attaque gratuite donnée par sa capacité?

=> Oui. La capacité est indépendante des dégâts causés par le coup critique, vous avez juste à réaliser un coup critique.
Vous devez toutefois réussir le coup critique (obtenir un double d'une valeur supérieure au jet de défense adverse) pour obtenir l'attaque supplémentaire. N'obtenir que les doubles est insuffisant.

Quelles cases sont "adjacentes" à mon guerrier?

=> N'importe quelle case à côté de votre guerrier, c'est-à-dire celle qui partagent un côté ou un coin avec sa case, est adjacente à votre personnage. Il n'y a pas d'adjacence d'un bord à l'autre de l'arène.

Comment fonctionne la capacité de Julius Caesar?

=> Lorsque vous utilisez cette capacité, vous définissez le résultat du lancer de dés. Vous ne lancez aucun dé, et utilisez 7 en tant que résulktat du lancer. VOus ajoutez toujours au résultat les bonus/malus appropriés (comme ceux de la grille d'attaque dans le cas d'un jet d'attaque).
Le résultat du lancer ne peut pas être un double (puisque vous n'avez pas lancé les dés et obtenu le même résultat sur les 2), à moins que l'effet d'une autre carte vous accorde un double. Vous devez utiliser cette capacité avant de voir le résultat du lancer adverse.

Que se passe-t-il quand les deux joueurs ont des capacités s'applicant en même temps? Qui utilise ses capacités en premier?

=> Si 2 joueurs ont des capacités s'activant en même temps, l'ordre de précédence est le suivant :
1) Le joueur dont c'est le tour (ou, en cas de "Révélez" ou en début de round, le joueur ayant l'initiative la plus importante) décide d'utiliser la totalité ou une partie de ses capacités.
2) Son adversaire fait de même.
3) Le 1er joueur peut alors utiliser les capacités qu'il n'avait pas choisies en 1.
4) Même chose pour le 2ème joueur.
Cela continue jusqu'à ce que toutes les capacités soient utilisées, ou que chaque joueur décide de ne plus appliquer de capacités supplémentaires. La partie continue ensuite normalement.
Chache joueur a ainsi l'occasion d'utiliser ses capacités et de réagir à celles utilisées par l'autre joueur.

Il y a des confusions au sujet du Bokken, et j'ai entendu dire qu'il y aurait des errata ou des changements pour cette carte. Pouvez-vous clarifier le fonctionnement de cette carte?

=> Voici comment fonctionne le bokken :
Précision : Une fois par tour, vous pouvez relancer un dé lors d'un jet d'attaque.
Une fois maximum pour le tour de chaque joueur, vous pouvez relancer ou faire relancer n'importe lequel des 2 dés d'uu jet d'attaque.
- Vous pouvez relancer un dé pour n'importe quel type d'attaque (arme ou attaque de base).
- Vous pouvez choisir un dé d'un jet d'attaque adverse et obliger l'adversaire à relancer ce dé.
Si vous avez 2 Bokken en jeu (par la capacité "Paire") :
- Vous pouvez réaliser chacune de ces actions 2 fois par tour.
- Vous pouvez utiliser cette capacité sur 2 lancers différents.
- Vous pouvez attendre de voir le résultat du premier "relancer" (ou relançage? Ezekiel, au secours!) avant de choisir d'utiliser ou non la capacité du 2ème Bokken.
- Vous pouvez relancer le même dé 2 fois.
Aucun projet d'erratum n'est actuellement prévu pour cette carte.

Que se passe-t-il si 2 joueurs décident d'utiliser Zeus au début d'un tour?

=> Le joueur à l'initiative la plus élevée a le premier le choix d'utiliser Zeus. S'il choisit d'utiliser cette capacité, l'autre joueur ne poura pas l'utiliser ce tour-ci, mais pourra le faire au début du our suivant.
Si le 1er joueur n'utilise pas la capacité de Zeus pour ce tour, le 2ème joueur peut alors l'utiliser à son tour. Si c'est le cas, le 1er joueur devra attendre le prochain tour avant d'utiliser cette carte.

Comment fonctionne l'association entre Grettir le Fort et le Musha Shugyo?

=> Les jets d'attaques de Grettir ne peuvent pas donner de critiques, mais les capacités d'autres cartes peuvent changer ses attaques en critiques. Toutes les attaques de Grettir sont critiques quand le Musha Shugyo est activé.

Que se passe-t-il si Zeus "désactive" la capacité "Paire" du Bokken?

=> Si un joueur possède une combinaison illégale après l'utilisation de Zeus, il doit défausser des cartes pour rendre sa combinaison légale, quelque soit la raison pour laquelle la combinaison est illégale (nombre de mains, même type de cartes, même nom...). Cela est vrai en toutes circonstances, à tout moment de la partie (à l'exception de Loki).
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2005 8:41 am     Sujet du message:

Tu aurais pu me mp histoire qu'on fasse pas doublon.

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2005 8:46 am     Sujet du message:

Désolé, mais j'ai décidé de commencer ça chez moi hier vers 22h, et j'ai pas le net at home, donc... Crying or Very sad
Stephane XI
Beowulf

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2005 7:43 pm     Sujet du message:

Note que y'a des ptites différences entre version US et FR. La plus grosse c'est Beowulf qui scotche les adversaires dans sa grille de base (ouais même à l'intérieur) ET ds celle de son arme.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2005 10:45 pm     Sujet du message:

Et hop un autre morceau pour la route Smile

Si mon adversaire utilise une arme a deux mains et que je l'echange contre mon arme a une main avec Loki, puis-je défausser cette arme si j'ai déjà un bouclier a une main en jeux?

=>Non. Ceci est une exception à la règle des Combinaisons de Cartes. Dans le cas ci-dessus et dans d'autres, Loki peut créer des conditions qui normalement demanderaient au joueur de se défausser de l'arme prise a son adversaire et ensuite de recevoir leur arme originale a la fin du tour

Pour éviter ce genre de situations, la règle de Combinaison de Cartes concernant le nombre de cartes d'un certain type qu'un joueur peut utiliser en quantité et en nombre de main par des cartes sont toutes suspendues quand Loki est actif.

Les joueurs echangent leurs armes quand Loki est révélé et les récupèrent a la fin du round.

Y a t'il une différence entre un "round" et un "tour"?

=>Oui. Un "round" corresponds aux parties suivantes:
1) Les cartes sont révélées et l'initiative est déterminée
2)Les capacitées "révélez" et de "début du round" sont utilisées
3)Chaque joueur joue son tour, par ordre d'initiative
4) les capacités de "fin de round" sont utilisées

Durant le tour de chaque joueur, il peuvent prendre un nombre d'action donné par leur vitesse pour attaquer, se déplacer ou utiliser des capacités "action"

Durant un match, les joueurs jouent plusieurs parties
Durant une partie, cinq rounds sont joués
Durant chaque round, chaque joueur fait son tour

Quelles sont les différences spécifiques entre "bouger" et "effectuer une rotation"?

=>1)Vous pouvez "bouger" d'une case vers une case adjascente. Normalement vous ne pouvez pas bouger en diagonale.
2)Vous pouvez effectuer une rotation dans le but de faire face à n'importe lequel des quatres cotés de la case de votre guerrier.
3)Vous pouvez bouger puis effectuer une rotation avec votre guerrier

"Bouger" est définit comme "le fait de quitter une case pour entrer dans une autre". Pour cette raison, effectuer une rotation n'enclanche pas la capacité de Beowulf ou le bonus aux domages de Kopis.

Si jamais une capacité de carte vous autorise à bouger votre guerrier, vous utilisez les mêmes options que si vous utilisiez une action pour bouger - vous pouvez effectuer une rotation gratuitement après vous être déplacé. Nakano Takeko, Uma, Bucephale, et Pythagore sont des exemples de cartes qui déplacent votre guerrier.

Quand une carte vous permet de bouger le guerrier d'un autre joueur, cette carte doit spécifier si vous pouvez également effectuer une rotation avec ce guerrier.

Puis je ajouter des bonus a des attaques qui sont faites avec des bonus spécifiques, comme les attaques du Shuriken qui sont faites à +0?

=>Non. Le texte des cartes spécifie le total modifié du jet d'attaque

Quand j'attaque avec le Ninja-to, est ce que le troisième dé (celui qui n'est pas conservé) a un quelconque effet sur le jeux?

=>Non. Seul le dé qui est utilisé dans l'attaque finale peut avoir un effet sur le jet ou sur les capacités des cartes.

Quand est verifiée la vie d'un guerrier pour voir si il a été vaincu?

Seulement après que les capacités de toutes les cartes qui s'activent a cette situation ont étés utilisées. Si la capacité d'une carte permet au joueur de gagner de la vie au milieu de l'action d'attaque, il ne peut pas être vaincu par l'attaque.

Par opposition, si une capacité est utilisée après qu'une attaque soit effectuée, elle ne peut pas être utilisée avant que le nombre de points de vie du joueur ne soient vérifiés.

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 10, 2005 8:22 pm     Sujet du message:

Hop, allez au boulot ! (non mais vous avez cru pouvoir vous en sortir aussi facilement :p)
[tiens j'y participerais quand j'aurais le temps d'ailleurs]

Action
How many times per turn can I use an 'Action' ability of a card?
-Unless the ability specifies a restriction like 'once per round' or 'once per game', you may use these abilities as often as you have actions to spend. Cards like Achilles, Shuriken and Pugio are designed to be able to be used multiple times each turn.

Adjacent
What spaces are 'adjacent' to my warrior?
-Any of the eight spaces next to your warrior, e.g. those that share a side or corner with your warrior's space, are adjacent to your warrior. Adjacency does not 'loop' from one side of the arena to the other.

Since my warrior is not adjacent to itself, does it take one damage when I reveal Skegox Francisca? Can I attack myself with the Shuriken?
-No on both counts. Your warrior's space is not considered to be 'adjacent' or 'not adjacent' to itself.

See also Behind.

All Copies
See Zues

Alfred the Great
If I use Alfred the Great on an ability that gives a variable attack roll bonus, what happens?
-The entire attack roll bonus is 'turned off' and replaced with a constant '+1 to defense rolls' bonus. It doesn't matter when, how, or how large the attack roll bonus was.

Amazonia
Can Amazonia attack with each of her weapons on each of her turns? Can she use two weapons of the same name?
-Amazonia can attack once wit each of her weapons on each of her turns. Her ability allows you to have 2 weapons in play, but you must still abide by the rules that state that you can only use one copy of each card and no more than 2 hands worth of cards.

Alexander III of Macedon
Does Alexander III of Macedon combo with Jupiter?
-Alexander III of Macedon guarantees that you will take the first turn in each round, but does ot guarantee that you ill win initiative. You do not automatically benefit from Jupiter with Alexander III of Macedon.

If both players are playing Alexander III of Macedon, who takes the first action each round?
-Since both players are using the same warrior, this card creates a bit of a connundrum. In this case, the player that loses initiative would take one damage from their card ability. At this point, bth warriors are trying to take the first turn in the round. For cases lke this, as with other ties, players use experience, followed by a roll-off with no modifiers, to break the tie.

Armor
Can I use 2 or more armor cards as long as they all have diiferent body location traits (eg. Torso, Head, Legs, Arms)?
-No. You may only have one armor card, regardless of the location that the armor card occupies. These body location tratis may appear on non-armor cards. You may not use a Head Special card and a Head Armor card at the same time, for example.

Attack Grid(s)
What effect does my warrior's attack grid have when I am being attacked?
-None. Only the attacker's attack grid is ever considered when an attack is made.

See also Elhaz Rune
See also Marcus Claudius Marcellus

Atilla The Hun
Does Atilla the Hun give his future attacks a bonus each time he himself attack, or when another warrior attacks?
-Both. Any attack by any warrior increases Atilla's bonus for future attacks.

Behind
Which spaces are 'directly or diagonally behind' my warrior? Which are 'next to' my warrior?
-'Next to' and 'adjacent' are the same term - in fact, 'next to' is a translated term used in place of 'adjacent'.
The spaces 'directly and diagonally behind' your warrior are those that are adjacent to, but behind your warrior. If your warrior were the center of a compass, these spaces would be SW, S and SE.?
|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|
|_|^|_|
|X|X|X|

The '^' is your warrior, and the 'X' spaces are those that are directly and diagonally adjacent to your warrior.

See also Adjacent.

Beowulf
Does Beowulf's penalty apply if I move from one space in Beowulf's attack grid to another on my turn?
-Yes. Whenever you move out of any space in any of Beowulf's attack grids on your turn, regardless of where you are moving to or what card allows the movement, you will incur Beowulf's penalty.
If the movement is allowed as part of a card ability, you must still expend an action to fill the 'cost' created by Beowulf's ability. Thus, Nakano Takeko or a similar card's ability would cost an action if affected by beowulf, and Uma's 'Action' ability would cost an extra action for each space in any of Beowulf's attack grid that you left in the course of performing the action. Cards that allow you to move as Reveal or 'at the start of the round', or those that allow you to move on another player's turn (like Kimono) are unaffected by Beowulf.
If you do not have an extra action to spend when Beowulf forces you to, you cannot move out of the space you are in.
Moving out of a space that is in more than one of Beowulf's attack grids does not incur additional penalties.
These same principles apply to Grendel (for attacking) as well.

Berserkerganger
Does Berserkerganger damage my warrior every time I attack? What if I miss or defeat my opponent?
-Berserkerganger deals its damage after an attack is made, regardless of the outcome of the attack. You will take damage if you attack and miss. If your attack defeats your opponent, you will win the game before berserkerganger damages you.

Blossious of Cumae
Please help me understand Blossious of Cumae.
-Starting with the round that you reveal it, and for each round thereafter that it remains in play, Blossius will cause the turn order to be reversed, with the player that revealed the lowest initiative for that turn playing first. Ties in initiative (and play order for the fifth round) are still broken by experience.
Since Blossius is not a Reveal or 'At start of the round' ability, it comes into effect as soon as it is face up. This is why it works the round it is revealed. This also means that if you reveal another Inspiration card, Blossius will affect the Initiative for that round before you have to choose which inspiration to discard.
Two copies of blossius in play at once do not cancel each other out.

Bokken
There has been some confusion about the Bokken. I heard that there may be some errata or other change to the card. Can you clarify how it works?
-Here is how the Bokken works:
Precision: Once per turn, you may re-roll one die on an attack roll.
1) Up to once during each player's turn, you may re-roll (or force to be re-rolled) any one die of an attack roll.
-You may re-roll a die during any kind of attack roll (weapon or basic).
-You may choose a die that is part of an opponent's attack roll and force that die to be rerolled.
If you have two Bokken in play (via the 'Pair' ability):
-You may do each of these things up to two times per turn.
-You may use the abilities on the same or different attack rolls.
- You may see the result of the first re-roll before deciding to use the second re-roll ability.
-You may re-roll the same die twice.
There are currently no plans to errata or to consider errata for the Bokken.

See also Zues

Bonuses
Is there a difference between modifiers in attack grids and other bonuses?
-A few, actually. Attack grids are not part of a card's abilities. Attack grid modifiers are seperate from and do not count as bonuses or other modifiers to attack or defense rolls.

Can I add bonuses to attacks that are made with specified bonuses, like the shuriken's attacks which are 'made at +0'?
-No. The card text specifies the total modifiers to that attack's roll.

Can attack or defense rolls exceed 12 or fall below 2?
-Yes. Attack and defense rolls (or any roll, for that matter) may end up at any value after modifiers and such are applied.

Is a card that adds a bonus to 'all rolls' (such as Mars) considered to be adding a bonus to attack or defense rolls as part of this bonus?
-Yes.

See also Alfred the Great
See also Atilla The Hun
See also Canute the Great
See also Negative
See also Shinmen Takezo
See also Spartan Lakonian

Bonuses – Damage
How do damage bonuses and Critical Hits interact?
-Damage bonuses are applied after the base damage of a weapon is doubled. Weapons with damage bonuses like Excalibur, Dane Axe, Alman Sukh, and Kopis, do not have those bonuses when you use them in a critical hit.

See Minb

Bonuses - Speed
See Tao Yuan San Jie Yi
See Guan Yu

Boudicca
See Initiative

Bushido
See Bonuses

Canute The Great
What bonuses does Canute get from Crown of England?
-Canute is all elements, and ths gets all of the stated bonuses and penalties from the Crown.

Which bonus does Canute gain from cards that give a bonuses to warriors of either of two different elements?
-Canute would gain all such bonuses. Canute always counts as all elements, so all cards that spcify any element would affect him. Any card that affects a 'non-<element>' warrior would also always afftect Canute.

Carpat
For the Carpat, refer to the FAQ post on adjacency. Diagonally adjacent is still adjacent.

See Adjacent

Copies
Can I use more than one copy of a specific card?
-No. With the exception of cards with abilities that state otherwise, you may only use one one copy of a given card in your four support cards.

See also Once Per Game.

Critical Hits
See Bonuses - Damage
See Marcus Claudius Marcellus
See Odin

Damage
See Bonuses - Damage
See Ealswisth

De Bello Gallico
Does De Bello Gallico count the initiative of cards I have discarded from play when considering its game text?
-No. Only cards that are in play and face up have any effect on game play, unless otherwise stated on the card itself.

Defeated
See Timing

Discard/Discarding
How does Yang Wang Weh interact with the Card Restrictions rules? If I discard it because I have too many insirations face up, can I use it's ability? And what about Qing Gong Palace, which interacts wth cards in the discard pile?

-Yang Wang Yeh 'reacts' to another card being discarded from play. This includes cards that are discarded due to the Card Restrictions rules. The sequence would work like this:

1) Reveal an inspiration, bringing you to too many face-up inspirations.
2) Discard an inspiration due to the Card Restrictions rules.
3) If Yang Wang Yeh is still in play at tis point, it's game text may now be used. (If Yang Wang Yeh was discarded in (2), it would not be in play - therefore, you could not use it's ability)

Qing Gong Palace is an inspiration that retrieves other cards from your discard pile. The timing for this interaction would go like this:
1) Reveal Qing Gong Palace. Yang Wang Yeh is already in play, and your warrior cannot have more than one inspiration in play.
2) Due to the Card Requirements rules, you have to discard one of your inspirations, and you choose Yang Wang Yeh.
3) You can now process the reveal effect of Qing Gong Palace, and you chooce Yang Wang Yeh which is now in your discard pile.
4) At the point Yang Wang Yeh is in play, Qing Gong Palace is already in the discard pile, and the trigger for Yang Wang Yeh - the discarding of another card - has already passed. Even though Yang Wang Yeh says 'after' in the trigger, it still has to be in play when that trigger occurs.

See De Bello Gallico
See Yang Wang Ye

Discard Pile
-All cards discarded from the game during play, and all cards discarded after one game in a multiple-game match (such as a best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 tournament match) are placed in your discard pile.

See also Discard/Discarding
See also Horn Bow

Disciplinia
Please clear up the phrase 'this turn' in Disciplina's text.
-The ability may be used any round, and 'this' refers to the round in which you are making the attack roll. 'Turn' should more properly have been 'round' since there is no initiative for each turn. If the increase does not cause doubles, it is the equivalent of a +1 to the die roll.

Do
See Once Per Turn

Ealswith
Does Ealswith count damage done to your warrior by your own cards, or only damage dealt by opponents' cards?
-Ealswith cunts all damage dealt by any card or attack.

Elhaz Rune
Can I move into a space in a warrior's basic or weapon attack grids when I use Elhaz Rune?
-Either. You may move into any space in any of the opponents' attack grids.

Excalibur
If my opponent is using Dane Axe and I reveal Excalibur, how much extra damage would my Excalibur deal?
-Excalibur's damage bonus is equal to the base damage of the opponent's weapon. In the case of the Dane Axe, that base damage is always 0 - the damage from the Dane Axe is all a bonus based off of the number of face-up support cards. In this case, Excalibur would get a damage bonus of +0.

Experience
See Negative Numbers

Face-Down
Can I discard a face-down card with Yue or other similar cards?
-Face-down cards can never be discarded from play by any means whatsoever.

Grettir the Strong
How does Grettir work with Musha Shugyo?
-Grettir's attack rolls that are doubles do not count as critical hits, but other cards can make his attacks critical hits. All of Grettir's attacks are critical hits when Musha Shugyo is in effect.

Guan Yu
How often can Guan Yu gain his speed bonus?
-Once each round. Hitting with 4 basic attacks in one round does not trigger the bonus a second time.

See also Tao Yuan San Jie

Gutal
See Movement

Hands
See Loki
See Zhad

Harald Hardrada
Can I use Harald Hardrada and Loricae Segmentta to reduce the damage from one attack twice?
-Yes. You choose the order that you apply these effects, and each effect lists the minimum it may reduce the damage to. You may use abilities in the order that reduces the damage to the lowest minimum.

Herakles
Under which circumstances do I get to make a free basic attack with Herakles?
-Whenever an opponent moves into a space in your basic attack grid. This could be by their action or card ability, or could be from your card ability. The important distinction is that they are the one moving, not you.

Horn Bow
What is the discard pile the Horn Bow Refers to? When can I use this ability?

There was a minor misprint in Set 2. The 'nis' ability of the Egyptian Weapon Horn Bow, as printed, has no trigger. This ability is an 'Action' ability.

This card will be played in this way effective immediately. We deeply regret this error and apologize for any confusion caused by the omission.

Infinite Loop
Is it possible to create an 'infinite loop' of card abilities?
-There may be a series of card plays that allow you to use and then reuse a series of abilities, seemingly with no end in sight. If this ever happens, just consider all of the abilities involved in the 'loop' to be used once, and continue the game from the point just after all of those abilities were triggered.

Initiative
Can initiative values drop below zero?
-Yes. All cards that referenc initiative values still function properly if the value is less than 0. For instance, if you have an initiative value of -2, your opponent with Odin in play would roll one die and subtract 2 for each attack and defense roll.

What is a player's initiative for round 5?
-Since no player revealed a support card in round 5, all player's have an initiative of null. Warriors use their experience to break this tie, determining turn order for this round.?For Odin and other cards that refer to initiative, the relevant value is 0 during round 5.

What happens at the start of the fifth round if I am using Nemasis or Langox to alter the initiative values of that round?
Since neither player has an initiative value for round five, none of these nonexistant values and be modified. Initiative during round five is always determined solely on experience.

If Boudicca reveals a Cavalry card as her first support card, does it gain +2 initiative from her ability?
-Yes. Like Blossius of Cumae, abilities with constant effects that do not specify 'reveal' or 'start of the round' come into effect as soon as they enter play. In this case, a cavalry support card would activate Boudicca's ability, which would then add +2 initiative to that Cavalry card.

See also Blossious of Cumae
See also Odin

Julius Caesar
How does Odin work with Julius Caesar?
-If a player uses Julius Caesar's ability while they have Odin in play, their next roll will be a 7.

How does Julius Caesar's ability work?
-When you use this ability, you are setting the outcome of the die roll. You don't actually roll any dice, and use '7' as the total of the dice rolled. You still add any appropriate modifiers (like your attack grid, if the roll is an attack roll) to the roll.
The roll cannot be doubles (since you didn't roll two dice and get the same result on both), unless another card's effect makes the roll doubles. You must decide to use this ability before seeing any opposing roll.

Jupiter
See Alexander III Macedon

Lady of the Lake
Can I use Lady of the Lake to copy the Reveal ability of an Inspiration card?
-No. Since the Lady is herself an inspiration, you will have to discard one of your inspirations before using the Reveal ability of the Lady. If you are allowed to have Lady and another Inspiration in play, this in not a problem, and you may re-use the reveal ability of the other inspiration.

See also Infinite Loop

Life
Can you gain life above your warrior's starting life?
-Yes. A warrior's starting life is not a maximum.

See also Timing

Limits
See Lady of the Lake

Loki
If my opponent is using a 2-handed weapon, and I exchange it for my 1-handed weapon with Loki, can I throw that weapon away if I also have a 1-handed shield in play?
-No. This is a special exception to the Card Combinations rules. In the above case and others, Loki can create conditions that would normally allow a player to discard the weapon gotten from their opponent and then recieve their original weapon back at the end of the round.
To prevent this case from happening, the Card Combinations rules concerning the number of cards of a certain type a player can use at once and number of Hands required by some cards are all suspended while Loki is in effect.
Players trade weapons when Loki is revealed and then return them at the end of the round.

See also Ninja.

Loricae Segmentta
See Harald Hardrada

Mangudai Steed
Does Mangudai Steed allow an attack with a ranged weapon even if it has already been used for that turn? What about outside of my turn? What if my opponent is not in the weapon's attack grid?
-The attack granted by the Steed can be made if you have already used the weapon that turn, and doesn't count against the weapon's 'one attack per turn' limit. The attack can be made outside of your turn. The attack roll is always made at +0; the roll cannot gain bonuses, and the attack can be made even if the target is not in the weapon's attack grid.

Marcus Claudius Marcellus
Can Marcus Claudius Marcellus make an attack if he is in any of his opponent's attack grids? Can this hit deal 2 damage if it is a critical?
-You can attack your opponenent from any of their attack grids. Nothing can increase the damage of this attack above 1.

Is Marcus Claudius Marcellus considered to have no attack grid?
-Marcus has no modifiers in any spaces in his attack grid; therefore a warrior is never considered to be in Macus' basic attack grid.

Mars
See Bonuses

Minb
Does the damage bonus of the Minb accumulate over several missed attack rolls? When I finally hit with this weapon, do I get all of the bonus damage at once?
-Yes to both questions; if you miss with the Minb 3 times and hit with the fourth attack, that attack will deal +3 damage.

Movement
What are the specific differences between 'moving' and 'rotating'?
-On your turn, you may use an action to affect your warrior's position in three ways:
1) You may 'move' from one space to an adjacent space. Normally, you cannot move diagonally.
2) You may rotate your warrior in place to face any of the four sides of that warrior's space.
3) You may first move, then rotate, your warrior.
'Moving' is defined as 'the act of leaving one space and entering another'. For this reason, rotating does not trigger Beowulf's penalty or Kopis' damage bonus.
Whenever a card ability allows you to move your warrior, you are allowed the same option as you are when you use an action to move - you may rotate for free after moving. Nakano Takeko, Uma, Bucephalus, and Pythagoras are all examples of cards that move your warrior. [Clarified on 6/27/5] When a card allows you to move another player's warrior, that card will specify whether you may also rotate that warrior.

What happens if a card ability moves the attacking or defending warrior after the attack is declared but before a hit is determined (such as with Udjat Eye and Gutal)?
-As soon as the attacker annonces his attack, as long as the attack is legal at that point, all values about the attack are determined, and do not change until the attack is completed.

If either warrior involved in an attack moves such that the defender is no longer in the right attack grid, or a card providing a bonus to the attack roll, defense roll, or damage (or even the attacking weapon itself) is discarded from play after the attack is declared but before the attack resolves, the attack continues as normal.

For instance, if the defender moves due to effects that trigger off of attack or defense rolls, the attack is still completed. If a card that adds a damage bonus is discarded after the attack is declared, the bonus will still apply to that attack, but not to future attacks.

If such a case happens before an effect is triggered, the effect cannot be triggered if it is no longer legal. For example, if a card that would allow a re-roll is discarded after the attack is declared but before the initial roll is made, the ability on that card cannot be used after it is discarded.

See also Elhaz Rune
See also Herakles
See also Nemere

Musha Shugyo
See Grettir the Srong
See Marcus Claudius Marcellus

Negative Numbers
Does a negative modifier count as a bonus?
-No. Negative modifiers are just that, and are referred to as 'modifiers' by card text.

Can a warrior have negative experience?
-If a card effect reduces a warrior's experience by more than they have, their experience will go to a negative number. If a card requires you to 'spend' experience as a cost, you cannot do so if you have less than 1 experience, as you don't have any to spend.

See also Initiative

Nemere
How exactly does Nemere work?
-Nemere's text reads:
At the start of each round, choose a direction. At the start of each player's turn, move their warrior one space in the chosen direction if possible.
Here are the answers to several questions asked about the card:
-You can choose any direction, even a diagonal. These directions are relative to the board, not to a warrior.
-When your Nemere moves your warrior, you may rotate with that movement.
-When your Nemere moves an opposing warrior, they do not rotate.
-When Beowulf's Nemere moves Beowulf's opponent, the movement does not cost an extra action, since the movement is caused by Beowulf's card.

Next To
Next to' and 'adjacent' are the same term. See Adjacent.

Ninja
How do Loki and Zeus interact with Ninja?
-You can be given a 2-handed weapon by Loki. Since Loki causes all restrictions about weapon usage (by card type, name, hands, etc.) to be ignored, you could use that 2-handed weapon during the round that Loki is in effect.
If you tried to reveal a 2-handed weapon with Zeus in play, you would have to discard the weapon because of the Shinobi abiity before you would have the chance to make use of zeus' ability.

Ninja-to
When I attack with the Ninja-to, can the third die (the one that isn't used) have any effect on the game?
-No. Only the dice that are used in the final attack can have any effect on the roll or any card abilities.

See Odin

Null
See Initiative

Oda Nobunaga
See Initiative
See Ties

Odin
Can I ever make a critical hit with Odin in play?
-Without another card that creates doubles for attack rolls or critical hits for your attacks, no. Your opponent's initiative is not a die and therefore cannot match the other die you roll.

What do I do if I have Odin face-up and I attack with Ninja-to?
-Since these abilities conflict directly and are not additive (niether says to roll one more or less die - both specify a number of dice to roll), you would choose which card's ability is used.

I'm playing Odin. My opponent uses Nemesis to increase his initiative for this round by 10, giving him 16 initiative for the round. Does this bonus affect my bonus from Odin?
-Certainly. If your opponent has an initiative of 15, you would roll one die and add 15 instead of rolling two dice for that round.

See Julius Caesar

Once Per Game
If I play a second copy of a card with an ability that can only be used "once per game", can I use the ability on the second copy of the card?
-Normally, you cannot use more than one copy of each given card in your 4 support cards. However, if you use an ability on a card that is used once per game, and that card is later discarded and returned to play, you could not use that ability a second time.

Once Per Turn
Can I use the Do in response to the Ropalo's Reveal ability?
-Yes. Abilities that are restricted to 'once per turn' may be used any number of times outside of player's turns as possible, but only once in response to each trigger. This does not count as using the ability during any player's turn.

See also Ramses II

Qing Gong Palace
See Discard/Discarding

Ramses II
If I use the action ability on Ramses II and make a weapon attack, does it count as my weapon attack for the turn?
-Yes. Unless the ability says to make an 'immediate', 'second' or 'additional' attack and specifies a weapon attack, the attack will count as your weapon attack for the turn.

Rolling
See Bonuses
See Bokken
See Julius Caesar
See Spartan Lakonian
See Udjat Eye

Rotating
See Movement

Round Five
See Initiative

Rounds
See Turns

Shinmen Takezo
Does the 'attack rolls +2' ability of Shinmen Takezo apply to all of his attacks, including basic attacks?
-Yes.

Shuriken
See Bonuses

Skegox Francisca
See Adjacent

Spartacus
How exactly does Spartacus' ability work?
-If you have an inspiration in play, you may spend two actions to attack with your weapon, even if you have already used that weapon once this turn.

Spartan Lakonian
If I have Spartan Lakonian and my opponent has no weapon, do my basic attack rolls also get +1?
-Yes. Spartan Lakonian doesn't read 'attack rolls with this weapon', so it affects all of your attack rolls.

Spin
See Movement

Start of Round
See Zues

Sun Tzu
See Tao Yuan San Jie

Sverd
If my the damage from my critical hit with the Sverd is prevented, am I still able to make the free attack granted by Sverd's ability?
-Yes. The ability is not dependant on dealing damage with a critical hit, only to have made the critical hit in the first place. However, you must actually make a critical hit - roll doubles and beat the defense roll in order to get the extra attack. Simply rolling doubles is not enough.

Targets
See Movement

Tao Yuan San Jie
How does Tao Yuan San Jie Yi interact with Sun Tzu, Yue Fei or Guan Yu if I choose to negate speed bonuses?
-Any speed bonuses for the current round are negated, and future speed bonuses cannot be gained during this round.

Sun Tzu would lose all 'stored' actions and have 3 speed for this round. He could then 'store' these actions for next round.

Guan Yu would lose all speed bonuses gained in previous rounds and could not gain any on this round. On future rounds, he would regain speed bonuses gained from rounds before Tao Yuan San Jie Yi was revealed.

Yue Fei would have a speed of 1 for the round that Tao Yuan San Jie Yi is revealed, but would be able to gain speed bonuses on future rounds.

Ties
Which ties does Oda Nobunaga win, and which does he lose?
-All ties: Initiative, Attack/Defense, and end of game ties, go to experince. Since Oda Nobunaga wins all ties regardless of experience, he wins all of these kinds of ties.

Timing
What happens when both players have abilities that can be used at the same time? Who plays their abilities first?
If two players have abilities that activate at the same time, the precedence goes like this:
1) Current Player (or in the case of Reveal or 'start of round' abilities, the player with higher initiative) decides to use any/all abilities that trigger at this time.
2) Opponent decides to use any/all of their abilities that trigger at this time.
3) Current Player (same player as in 1 above) gets the chance to use any abilities he hadn't already used in part 1 above.
4) Opponent (same player as in 2 above) gets the chance to use any abilities he hadn't already used in part 2 above.
This continues until all relevant abilities are used, or until both players in sequence 'pass' the opportunity to use a relevant ability. If this happens, niether player can use any further abilities that trigger at this time and play continues.
Basically, each involved player will have the opportunity to use their abilities and react to the other player using their abilities.

When is a warrior's life checked to see if they have been defeated?
-Only after all card abilities relevant to the situation have been used. If a card ability lets a player gain life in the middle of an attack action, they may not be defeated by the attack.
In contrast, if an ability is used after an attack is made, it would not occur before player's life totals are checked.

See also Berserkerganger
See also Zeus

Turns
Is there a difference between a 'round' and a 'turn'?
-Yes. A 'round' consists of the following parts:
1) Cards are revealed and initiative is determined.
2) Reveal and 'at start of round' abilities are used.
3) Each player plays one turn, in order of initiative.
4) 'At end of round' abilities are used.
During each player's turn, they will take a number of actions as dictated by their speed to attack,
move, or use 'Action' abilities.
During a match, players play several games.
During a game, five rounds are played.
During each round, each player takes one turn.
Game is synonymous with challenge, but futrre cards will use the term game for consistency.

See Disciplina

Tyr
See Ninja-To

Udjat Eye
If I roll a pair of ones on a roll, do I gain one life or two from my Udjat Eye?
-Two; the Eye triggers once for each one rolled. Note that rolls made to break ties between warriors that are tied on experience ('Straight roll-off' rolls) do not trigger the Eye.

See Movement
See Ninja-To

Weapon Attacks
See Amazonia
See Mangudai Steed
See Spartacus
See Ramses II

Yang Wang Ye
If I reveal an inspiration round 1, and then reveal Yang Wang Ye on round 2. Does the discarding of one of my illegal inspirations trigger Yeng Wang Ye?
-Assuming that you discarded the inspiration you revealed in round 1, yes. If you discarded Yeng Wang Ye and left the other inspiration in play, Yeng Wang Ye would not be in play and its ability couldn't be used.

See also Discarding

Yue
See Face-Down

Yue Fei
See Tao Yuan San Jie

Zeus
-The player with the higher initiative would get the first chance to use their Zeus. If they chose to name Zeus' ability, the other player could not use their Zeus this turn, but could on the start of the next round. If the first player did not name Zeus' ability, the second player would be able to use theirs. If they named Zeus' abilty, it would cancel the first player's Zeus, making the ability named by the first player useable again.

How does Zeus interact with Reveal abilities and 'at the start of the round' abilities?
-If an ability has created an effect that lasts for a duration that hasn't yet expired (like an ability that gives a bonus that lasts 'until the end of the round'), Zeus will cancel that ability and its effects. If an ability does something once and then has no further effect (like an ability that moves a warrior or gains a player some life) has already happened completely, and cannot be cancelled after the fact by Zeus.

What happen when Zeus 'turns off' the Bokken's 'Pair' ability?
-If a player with has an illegal combination of cards after Zeus' abilty is used, that player will have to discard cards to make their combination legal, regardless of why the cards are illegal (hand usage, cards of the same type, name, or body location). This is true for any such circumstance during any part of a game. (Except Loki - see related question)

Does Zeus 'turn off' all copies of the named ability, or only one?
-All abilities with the name selected by the player using Zeus are effected, regardless of which player has those cards in play.

See Ninja
See Timing

Zhad
How many hands does Zhad require to use?
-Two. There is a minor printing error in which the card reads '2 Hand' instead of '2 Hands'.

How does Zhad work in round five?
Zhad requires you to compare a die roll to your opponent's initiative in round 5. Initiative in round 5 is null, which means nonexistent. The die roll cannot be greater than, less than, or equal to null. Therefore, Zhad can be used, but will never actually deal damage in round 5.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 10, 2005 8:39 pm     Sujet du message:

Shocked Crying or Very sad

Bon heu là je m'y mettrai Jeudi, pas avant , en reprenant les traduction déja effectuées Rolling Eyes

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 11, 2005 9:10 am     Sujet du message:

(Attention, double post en préparation...)

@Froh : Si ça ne dérangeait personne de vérifier si par hasard, les questions n'existent pas déjà dans les posts précédents, ça pourrait raccourcir considérablement la longueur des posts!!!

Par contre, c'est vrai que le système de classement des questions par carte devrait être gardé... (Bon, trop tard pour ce coup-ci, mais on y pensera pour les prochains)

Stephane XI a écrit:
Note que y'a des ptites différences entre version US et FR. La plus grosse c'est Beowulf qui scotche les adversaires dans sa grille de base (ouais même à l'intérieur) ET ds celle de son arme.

Je préfère le Beowulf US!!!!! Twisted Evil
Sir_IZBAK_1st
Beowulf

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 11, 2005 9:19 am     Sujet du message:

@Dyvim : Eh, on avait dit que TU faisais la fin!!! Evil or Very Mad
Suite de la Camembérisation :

Petit lexique vite fait :
- At : modificateur d'Attaque : Les divers bonus/malus modifiant le résultat de vos jets d'attaque.
- Df : modificateur de Défense : Les divers bonus/malus modifiant le résultat de vos jets de défense.
- Dg : Point(s) de dégât : le nombre de points de vie perdus par votre adversaire en cas d'attaque réussie.
- GC : Grille de Combat : les grilles indiquant si vous pouvez attaquer un adversaire selon sa position par rapport à la votre, et avec quel bonus d'At le cas échéant.
- RCC : Règle de Combinaison des Cartes : les règles déterminant si votre deck est légal ou non (3 mains, 2 Inspirations...).

La carte "De Bello Gallico" prend-elle en compte l'initiative des cartes que j'ai défaussées au moment où j'applique son effet?

=> Non. Seules les cartes en jeu et retournées ont un effet sur le jeu, à moins que la carte elle-même n'indique le contraire.

La pénalité appliquée par Beowulf s'applique-t-elle si je passe d'une case à une autre sans sortir de sa grille d'attaque?

=> Oui. Dès que vous quittez une case d'une grille d'attaque de Beowulf (arme ou base) lors de votre tour, quel que soit l'endroit où vous allez et la carte utilisée pour ce mouvement, vous subissez la pénalité de Beowulf.
Si le mouvement est provoqué par la capacité d'une carte, vous devez tout de même dépenser une action pour le "coût" engendré par la capacité de Beowulf. Ainsi, la capacité de Nakano Takeko coûterait une action si elle était affectée par Beowulf, et l'action de Uma coûterait une action supplémentaire pour chaque case des grilles de combat de Beowulf que vous quittez lors de votre déplacement.
Les cartes vous permettant de vous déplacer grâce à une capacité "Révélez" ou "au début du round", ou encore hors de votre tour (comme le Kimono) ne sont pas affectées par Beowulf.
Si vous ne pouvez pas dépenser une action supplémentaire alors que Beowulf vous y oblige, vous ne pouvez pas vous déplacer.
Sortir d'une case qui se trouve dans plusieurs grilles d'attaque de Beowulf ne cumule pas les pénalités.
La carte Grendel (pour l'attaque) fonctionne selon le même principe.
NdT : Avant la traduction, je n'avais pas du tout compris sa capacité comme cela, et il elle ne me semblait pas géniale. Cette explication change radicalement mon point de vue Twisted Evil ...

Quelle est l'initiative des joueurs au round 5?

=> Puisque aucun joueur n'a retourné de carte au round 5, tous les joueurs ont une initiative de NULL. Cette égalité particulière est résolue avec l'expérience des guerriers.
Pour Odin et les autres cartes utilisant l'initiative, NULL a des caractéristiques importantes :
- NULL n'est ni pair, ni impair (ni égal à 0 pour cette raison).
- NULL ne peut être supérieure, égale, ou inférieure à aucune autre valeur. NULL=NULL, d'où l'égalité décrite ci-dessus.
- Un joueur utilisant Odin au 5ème tour lance un dé et ajoute NULL. Dans ce cas, on admet que NULL=0, et le résultat est égal à la valeur du dé lancé.

Puis-je bouger dans une case de la grille d'attaque de base ou d'arme d'un guerrier en utilisant l' Rune d'Elhaz?

=> Les deux. Vous pouvez vous déplacer dans n'importe quelle case de n'importe quelle grille d'attaque de l'adversaire.

Puis-je utiliser 2 cartes d'armure ou plus si elles se situent toutes à des endroits différents du corps? (Torse, Tête, Bras...)

=> Non. Vous ne pouvez avoir qu'une carte d'armure quelle que soit la place qu'occupe cette pièce d'armure que le guerrier.
Ces indications concernant la partie du corps utilisée peut apparaître sur des cartes n'étant pas des armures. Vous ne pouvez par exemple pas utiliser une carte Spécial allant sur la tête et une carte Armure s'y trouvant également, par exemple.

L'initiative peut-elle descendre en dessous de 0?

=> Oui. Toutes les cartes utilisant la valeur d'initiative fonctionneront normalement dans ce cas. Par exemple, si vous avez une initiative de -2, votre adversaire ayant Odin en jeu lancera un dé et soustraira 2 au résultat pour chaque jet d'attaque et de défense.

Que se passe-t-il au début du round 5 si j'utilise Némésis ou Langox pour modifier la valeur des initiatives pour ce tour?

=> Puisque aucun joueur n'a une valeur d'initiative pour le round 5, aucune de ces valeurs ne peut être modifiée. L'initiative durant le round 5 n'est toujours déterminée que par l'expérience.

Est-ce que le Berserkergangr blesse mon guerrier à chaque fois que j'attaque? Que se passe-t-il si je loupe mon attaque ou tue mon adversaire?

=> Le Berserkergangr donne 1 Dg après qu'une attaque soit effectuée, quel que soit le résultat de cette attaque. Vous subirez ce Dg si vous attaquez et manquez votre attaque.
Si votre attaque tue votre adversaire, vous gagnez le combat avant de subir le Dg.

Aidez-moi à comprendre Blossius de Cume.

=> Prenant effet à partir du round durant lequel il est révélé, et pour toute la durée restante du duel, Blossius cause l'inversion de l'ordre des tours dans le round, le joueur ayant la plus basse initiative démarrant en premier. Les égalités d'initiative sont toujours résolues en regardant l'expérience. Si vous retournez une autre Inspiration par la suite, Blossius affectera l'initiative pour ce round avant que vous choisissiez quelle Inspiration défausser.
2 exemplaires de Blossius jouées dans un même duel ne s'annulent pas mutuellement.

Comment fonctionne Odin associé à Jules César?

=> Si un joueur utilise la capacité de Jules César alors qu'ils ont révélé Odin, leur jet de dé sera un 7.

L'amazone peut-elle attaquer avec chacune de ses armes à chaque tour? Peut-elle utiliser 2 armes de même nom?

=> L'Amazone peut attaquer une fois avec chaque arme à chaque tour. Sa capacité vous permet d'avoir 2 armes en jeu, mais vous devez toujours respecter la RCC selon laquelle vous ne pouvez utiliser qu'une copie de chaque carte, et vos cartes ne peuvent occuper plus de 2 mains.

Marcus Claudius Marcellus peut-il attaquer l'adversaire depuis n'importe laquelle de ses grilles de combat? Cette attaque peut-elle faire 2 Dg s'il s'agit d'un critique?

=> Vous pouvez attaquer votre adversaire depuis n'importe quelle grille d'attaque de votre adversaire. Rien ne peut augmenter les dégâts de cette attaque au-delà de 1 Dg.

Comment Loki et Zeus interagissent-ils avec le ninja?

=> Une arme à 2 mains peut vous être donné par Loki. Puisque Loki ignore les RCC concernant les armes, vous pouvez utiliser cette arme à 2 mains durant ce tour.
Si vous retournez une arme à 2 mains alors que Zeus est en jeu, vous devrez défausser cette arme à cause de la capacité "Shinobi" avant de pouvoir utiliser la capacité de Zeus.

Comment Alexandre III de Macédoine s'associe-t-il avec Jupiter?

=> Alexandre III de Macédoine (A3M) vous assure que vous jouerez en premier à chaque round, mais pas que vous prendrez l'initiative. Vous ne bénéficiez pas automatiquement de la capacité de Jupiter avec A3M.

Puis-je faire un critique avec Odin en jeu?

=> Sans une autre carte provoquant automatique ce critique pour votre attaque, non. Etant donné que l'initiative de votre adversaire n'est pas un dé, elle ne peut pas s'associer au résultat de votre lancer.

Le bonus de "+2 At" accordé par la capacité de Shinmen Takezo s'applique-t-il à toutes ses attaques, y compris ses attaques de base?

=> Oui.

Puis-je utiliser Harald Hardrada et la Loricae Segmentata pour réduire les dégâts d'une attaque 2 fois?

=> Oui. Vous choisissez l'ordre dans lequel s'appliqueront ces effets, et chaque effet donne le minimum jusqu'où vous pouvez réduire ces dommages. Vous pouvez combiner ces effets de façon à réduire les dégâts causés par l'attaque à leur strict minimum.

Dans quelles circonstances puis-je faire une attaque de base gratuite avec Hercule?

=> Dès qu'un adversaire entre dans une case de votre GC de base. Cela peut être du à une de leurs action ou a une capacité de leurs cartes, ou provenir d'une capacité de vos propres cartes. L'important est que ce soit l'adversaire qui se déplace et non vous.

Si les 2 joueurs jouent A3M, Qui joue en premier à chaque round?

=> Dans ce cas, le joueur perdant l'initiative reçoit 1 Dg à cause de la capacité de sa carte. A ce stade, les 2 guerriers tentent de jouer en 1er durant ce round. Pour ce cas comme pour les autres égalités, les joueurs utilisent l'expérience, suivie par un jet de dés sans modificateurs, pour déterminer quel guerrier joue en 1er.
NdT : Personnellement, j'aurais plutôt résolu ce problème de la façon suivante : le joueur ayant la plus basse initiative est celui qui a besoin d'utiliser sa capacité. Il prend donc 1 Dg dans la gueule, et joue en 1er, puisqu'il utilise sa capacité... En cas d'égalité, on résout celle-ci de façon traditionnelle (expérience, puis dés) ou par concession, et le joueur remportant l'initiative prend 1 Dg...
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 11, 2005 9:47 am     Sujet du message:

@Izbak : c'est bien ce qu'on avait dit, et je t'avais signalé ou j'en etais de la traduction Smile J'ai continué ensuite là ou on c'est mis daccord Smile.

Que dois-je faire si j'ai Odin face visible et que j'attaque avec le Ninja-to?

-Dès lors que des capacités entrent directement en conflit et ne sont pas cumulables (aucun des deux ne demande de lancer un dé de plus ou de moins, les deux spécifient un nombre de dés a lancer), vous devez choisir laquelle des deux capacités vous allez utilier.

Puis-je faire des jets d'attaque ou de défense qui dépassent 12 ou qui sont inférieurs à 2?

-Oui. Les jets d'attaque et de défense (ou n'importe quel jet) peut terminer a n'importe quelle valeur après que les modifications aient étées appliquées.

Quels bonus obtient Canut de la Couronne d'Anglettaire?

-Canut est de tous les éléments, ce qui lui donne tous les bonus et pénalités venant de la Couronne

Est ce que Marcus Claudius Marcellus est considéré comme n'ayant pas de grille de combat?

-Marcus n'a aucune modification dans les cases de sa grille de combat; donc un guerrier n'est jamais considéré comme étant dans la grille d'attaque de base de Marcus

Si j'ai Spartan Lakonian et que mon adversaire n'a pas d'arme, est ce que mes attaques de base gagnent également le bonus de +1?

-Oui. Spartan Lakonian ne se lit pas "les jets d'attaque avec cette arme", donc elle affecte tout vos jets d'attaque.

Quelles cases sont "directement ou diagonalement derrières" mon guerrier? Lesquelles sont "à côté" de mon guerrier?

-"A côté" et "adjacente" sont identiques, en fait "à côté" est traduit en terme utilisé a la place de "adjacent"

Les cases "directement et diagonalement derrière" votre guerrier sont celles qui sont également adjacentes, mais derrière votre guerrier. Si votre guerrier était le centre d'une boussole, ces cases seraient Sud Ouest, Sud et Sud Est

|_|_|_| Le '^' est votre guerrier, et les cases 'X' sont celles qui sont
|_|_|_| directement et diagonalement derrières votre guerrier
|_|^|_|
|X|X|X|

Si je joue une seconde copie d'une carte qui a une capacité qui ne peut être utilisée qu' "une fois par partie", puis je utiliser cette capacité sur le second exemplaire de cette carte?

-Normalement, vous ne pouvez pas utiliser plus d'une copie de chaque carte dans vos 4 cartes de ressources. Cependant, si vous utilisez une capacité sur une carte qui est utilisable une fois par partie et que cette carte est ensuite défaussée puis reviend en jeux, vous ne pouvez pas utiliser cette capacité une seconde fois.

Quelles égalitées Oda Nobunaga gagne, et lesquelles pert-il?

-Toutes les égalitées: Initiative, Attaque/Défense, et égalitées de fin de jeux; résolues par l'expérience. Dès lors qu'Oda Nobunaga gagne toutes les égalitées sans prendre en compte l'expérience, il gagne tout ces types d'égalitées.

Si Boudicca révèle une carte Cavalerie en tant que première carte de ressource, gagne-t-elle le +2 d'Initiative de sa capacité?

-Oui. Comme Blossius de Cume, les capacités avec un effet constant qui ne sont pas des capacités "révélez" ou "début de round" entre en action dès qu'elles sont en jeux. Dans ce cas, une carte de ressource Cavalerie active la capacitée de Boudicca, qui ajoute alors +2 a l'initiative de la carte Cavalerie.

Si j'utilise la capacité de Ramsès II et que je fais une attaque avec une arme, est-ce que ca compte comme étant mon attaque d'arme pour le tour?

-Oui. A moins qu'une capacité ne demande d'effectuer une attaque "immédiate", "deuxième" ou "additionelle" spécifiquement a une attaque d'arme, l'attaque comptera comme etant votre attaque d'arme pour le tour.

Est il possible de créer une "boucle infinie" de capacité de cartes?

-Il pourrait avoir une série de cartes qui permettent d'utiliser et de réutiliser une série de capacités, visiblement de façon infinie. Si celà devait arriver, considérez que les capacités prises dans la "boucle" ne se résolvent qu'une fois, et continuez la partie juste après le déclanchement de ces capacités.

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 11, 2005 10:06 am     Sujet du message:

Bon, après tri dans le post de Froh, voici la liste des questions de la 2ème FAQ n'apparaissant pas dans la 1ère (et encore, j'en ai peut-être oublié...):

Action
How many times per turn can I use an 'Action' ability of a card?
-Unless the ability specifies a restriction like 'once per round' or 'once per game', you may use these abilities as often as you have actions to spend. Cards like Achilles, Shuriken and Pugio are designed to be able to be used multiple times each turn.

Attack Grid(s)
What effect does my warrior's attack grid have when I am being attacked?
-None. Only the attacker's attack grid is ever considered when an attack is made.

Bonuses
Is there a difference between modifiers in attack grids and other bonuses?
-A few, actually. Attack grids are not part of a card's abilities. Attack grid modifiers are seperate from and do not count as bonuses or other modifiers to attack or defense rolls.

Copies
Can I use more than one copy of a specific card?
-No. With the exception of cards with abilities that state otherwise, you may only use one one copy of a given card in your four support cards.

Discard/Discarding
How does Yang Wang Weh interact with the Card Restrictions rules? If I discard it because I have too many inspirations face up, can I use it's ability? And what about Qing Gong Palace, which interacts wth cards in the discard pile?

-Yang Wang Yeh 'reacts' to another card being discarded from play. This includes cards that are discarded due to the Card Restrictions rules. The sequence would work like this:

1) Reveal an inspiration, bringing you to too many face-up inspirations.
2) Discard an inspiration due to the Card Restrictions rules.
3) If Yang Wang Yeh is still in play at tis point, it's game text may now be used. (If Yang Wang Yeh was discarded in (2), it would not be in play - therefore, you could not use it's ability)

Qing Gong Palace is an inspiration that retrieves other cards from your discard pile. The timing for this interaction would go like this:
1) Reveal Qing Gong Palace. Yang Wang Yeh is already in play, and your warrior cannot have more than one inspiration in play.
2) Due to the Card Requirements rules, you have to discard one of your inspirations, and you choose Yang Wang Yeh.
3) You can now process the reveal effect of Qing Gong Palace, and you chooce Yang Wang Yeh which is now in your discard pile.
4) At the point Yang Wang Yeh is in play, Qing Gong Palace is already in the discard pile, and the trigger for Yang Wang Yeh - the discarding of another card - has already passed. Even though Yang Wang Yeh says 'after' in the trigger, it still has to be in play when that trigger occurs.

Life
Can you gain life above your warrior's starting life?
-Yes. A warrior's starting life is not a maximum.

Once Per Turn
Can I use the Do in response to the Ropalo's Reveal ability?
-Yes. Abilities that are restricted to 'once per turn' may be used any number of times outside of player's turns as possible, but only once in response to each trigger. This does not count as using the ability during any player's turn.

Ramses II

Spartacus
How exactly does Spartacus' ability work?
-If you have an inspiration in play, you may spend two actions to attack with your weapon, even if you have already used that weapon once this turn.

Zeus
-The player with the higher initiative would get the first chance to use their Zeus. If they chose to name Zeus' ability, the other player could not use their Zeus this turn, but could on the start of the next round. If the first player did not name Zeus' ability, the second player would be able to use theirs. If they named Zeus' abilty, it would cancel the first player's Zeus, making the ability named by the first player useable again.

How does Zeus interact with Reveal abilities and 'at the start of the round' abilities?
-If an ability has created an effect that lasts for a duration that hasn't yet expired (like an ability that gives a bonus that lasts 'until the end of the round'), Zeus will cancel that ability and its effects. If an ability does something once and then has no further effect (like an ability that moves a warrior or gains a player some life) has already happened completely, and cannot be cancelled after the fact by Zeus.

How does Zhad work in round five?
Zhad requires you to compare a die roll to your opponent's initiative in round 5. Initiative in round 5 is null, which means nonexistent. The die roll cannot be greater than, less than, or equal to null. Therefore, Zhad can be used, but will never actually deal damage in round 5.

Ca fait quand même moins peur!
Dyvim
Traductor Exterminator

Répondre en citant
MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 11, 2005 10:51 am     Sujet du message:

Une autre partie pour la route

Si j'utilise Alfred le Grand sur une capacité qui donne un bonus d'attaque variable, que ce passe-t-il?

-La totalité du bonus d'attaque est changé et remplacé par un bonus de +1 en défense. Peu importe quand, comment et de combien était le bonus d'attaque.

Un guerrier peut-il avoir une experience négative?

-Si un effet de carte réduit l'expérience d'un guerrier par plus que ce qu'il a, cette expérience peut devenir un nombre négatif.

Si une carte vous demande de dépenser de l'expérience en cout, vous ne pourrez pas si vous avez moins d'1 en expérience, puisque vous n'avez rien à dépenser.

Si mon adversaire utilise la Hache Danoise et que je révèle Excalibur, Quel serà le bonus de dommage d'Excalibur?

-Le bonus aux dégats de Excalibur est égal aux dégats de base de l'arme de l'adversaire. Dans le cas de la Hache Danoise, cette base est toujours de 0.
Dans ce cas, Excalibur aura un bonus aux dégats de +0

Comment intéragissent les bonus aux dégats et les coups critiques?

-Les bonus aux dégats sont appliqués après que les domages de base d'une arme soient doublés. Les arme avec des bonus aux dégats comme Excalibur, la Hache Danoise, Alman Sukh et Kopis ne doublent pas ces bonus lors qu'un coup critique.

Comment fonctionne Nemere?

-Le texte de Nemere se lit:
Au début de chaque round, choisissez une direction. Au début du tour de chaque joueur, déplassez si possible son guerrier d'une case dans la direction choisie.

Voici les réponses a plusieurs questions concernant cette carte:
-Vous pouvez choisir nimporte quelle direction, y compris en diagonal. Ces directions sont relatives au plateau, pas à un guerrier. Si vous choisissez une direction en diagonale, les guerriers qui ne peuvent normalement pas se déplacer en diagonale sont déplacé en diagonale par Nemere.
-Quand votre Nemere déplace votre guerrier, vous pouvez effectuer une rotation avec ce mouvement.
-Quand votre Nemere déplace un guerrier adverse, il ne peut pas effectuer de rotation.
-Quand le Nemere de Beowulf déplace l'adversaire de Beowulf, ce mouvement ne coûte pas d'action supplémentaire car le déplacement est dû a une carte de Beowulf.
Nemere ne peut pas déplacer un guerrier hors de l'arène ou sur une case déja occupée.

Est ce que Attila le Hun donne a ses futures attaques un bonus a chaque fois qu'il attaque lui même, ou quand un autre guerrier attaque?

-Les deux. N'importe quelle attaque venant de n'importe quel guerrier augmente le bonus des futures attaques de Attila.

Quels bonus gagne Canute pour les cartes qui donnent un bonus liés a des éléments différents?

-Canute gagnera tout ces bonus. Canute est toujours considéré de tout les éléments, donc toutes les cartes spécifiques a un élément l'affectera. Une carte qui affecterai un guerrier "non-<élément>" affectera également Canute.

Est ce qu'une carte qui ajoute un bonus a "tout les jets" est considérée comme donnant un bonus aux jets d'attaque et de défense?

-Oui.

Est ce que Ealswith prends en compte les dégats infligés a votre guerrier par vos propres cartes, ou juste ceux infligés par des cartes de l'adversaire?

-Ealswith prends en compte tout les dégats infligés par nimporte quelle carte ou attaque.

Combien de fois puis-je gagner le bonus de vitesse de Guan Yu?

-Une fois par round. Toucher avec 4 attaques de base en un round n'enclanchera pas l'effet une seconde fois

Puis je utiliser la Dame du Lac pour copier la capacité révélez d'une carte inspiration?

-Non. Dès lors que la Dame du Lac est elle même une inspiration, vous devez défausser une de vos inspirations avant d'utiliser la capacité révélezé de la Dame du Lac. Si vous êtes autorisé d'avoir la Dame du Lac et une autre inspiration en jeux, ce n'est pas un problême, et vous pouvez réutiliser la capacité révélez de l'autre inspiration.

Si je jette un double 1 sur un jet, je gagne un ou deux points de vie de mon Oeuil Oudjat?

-Deux; l'effet de l'Oeuil fonctionne pour chaque 1 lancé. Notez que les dés lancés pour définir un vainqueur en cas d'égalité d'expérience entre deux guerriers n'enclanchent pas l'Oeuil.

Quelle est la pile de défausse auquel l'Arc de Corne se réfère? Quand puis-je utiliser cette capacité?

-Toutes les cartes défaussées du jeux durant une partie, et toutes les cartes défaussées après une partie dans un combat en parties multiples (comme les tournois au meilleur des 2 sur 3, ou des 3 sur 5) sont placées dans la pile de défausse.

Il y a une erreur d'impression sur l'Arc de Corne, il sagit d'une capacité "Action"

Est ce que le bonus aux dégats de Minb s'accumulent après plusieurs jets d'attaque ratés?
Quand finalement je réussit a toucher, est ce que j'ai tout les bonus de dégats en un seul?

-Oui aux deux questions; si vous rattez avec Minb 3 fois et que vous touchez a la quatrième attaque, cette attaque infligera +3 dégats.

Si je révèle une inspiration au round 1, et que je révèle Yang Wang Ye au round 2. Dois je défausser une de mes inspiration illégale répondant a Yeng Wang Ye?

-En considérant que vous défaussez l'inspiration que vous révélez au round 1, oui. Si vous défaussez Yeng Wang Ye et que vous gardez l'autre inspiration en jeux, Yeng Wang Ye ne sera pas en jeux et sa capacité ne pourra être utilisée.

Je joue Odin. Mon adversaire a utilisé Nemesis pour augmenter son initiative de ce round de +10, lui donnant une initiative de 16 pour ce round. Est ce que ce bonus affecte mon bonus de Odin?

-Tout a fait. Si votre adversaire a une initiative de 16, vous pourrez jetter un dé et ajouter 16 au lieu de jetter dezux dés pour ce round.

Est ce que la Monture de Mangudaï autorise de faire une attaque avec une arme a distance même si elle a déjà été utilisé ce tour? Que se passe-t-il en dehors de mon tour? Que se passe-t-il si mon adversaire n'est pas dans ma grille d'attaque?

-L'attaque donné par la Monture peut être fait si vous avez déjà utilisé l'arme ce tour, et ne compte pas dans la limite d'une attaque avec l'arme dans le tour. L'attaque peut être faite en dehors de votre tour. Le jet d'attaque est toujours de +0; le jet ne peut pas bénéficier de bonus, et l'attaque peut être faite même si la cible n'est pas dans la grille de combat de l'arme.

Puis-je défausser une carte face cachée avec Yue ou une carte similaire?

-Les cartes face cachée ne peuvent jamais être défaussées du jeu par quelque moyen que ce soit.

Comment interagit le Tao Yuan San Jie Yi avec Sun Tzu, Yue Fei ou Guan Yu si je choisis d'annuler les bonus de vitesse?

-Tout les bonus de vitesse du round sont annulés, et des bonus de vitesse futurs ne seront pas gagnés durant ce round.

Sun Tzu perdra toutes ses actions accumulées et aura une vitesse de 3 pour ce round. Il peut accumuler ces actions pour le prochain round.

Guan Yu perdra tous ses bonus de vitesse gagnés dans les rounds précédents et n'en gagnera pas ce round-ci. Dans les prochains rounds, il récupérera les bonus de vitesse gagnés dans les round précédents Tao Yuan Dan San Jie Yi.

Yue Fei aura une vitesse de 1 pour le round ou Tao Yuan San Jie Yi est révélé; mais continuera a gagner ses bonus de vitesse dans les rounds futurs.

Le reste plus tard (je m'excuse si la dernière traduction est mal faite, mais je n'ai pas les cartes chinoises pour le moment et ne connais donc pas les cartes concernés.)

Edit: Rajout d'un morceau

Que se passe t'il si la capacité d'une carte déplace l'attaquant ou le défenseur après qu'une attaque est déclarée mais avant de savoir si l'attaque touche (comme avec l'Oeuil Oudjat et Gutal)?

-Dès lors que l'attaquant annonce son attaque, aussi longtemps que cette attaque est légale à ce moment précis, toutes les valeurs a propos de l'attaque sont déterminées et ne changeront pas jusqu'a ce que l'attaque soit résolue.

Si soit un guerrier participant a une attaque bouge de façon à ce que le défenseur ne soit plus dans la bonne grille de combat, ou qu'une carte confère un bonus au jet d'attaque, au jet de défense, ou aux dégats (ou bien sur l'arme attaquante elle même) est défaussée du jeux après que l'attaque est déclarée mais avant que l'attaque ne soit résolue, l'attaque continue normalement.

Pour le moment, si le défenseur est déplacé par des effets déclanchés par un jet d'attaque ou de défense, l'attaque continue. Si une carte qui augmente les dégats est défaussée après que l'attaque est déclarée, le bonus sera appliqué a cette attaque, mais pas aux attques futures.

Si un tel cas se produit avant qu'un effet ne soit déclanché, cet effet ne pourra pas se déclancher si il n'est pas plus longtemps légal. Par exemple, si une carte qui permet de rejetter les dés est défaussée après que l'attaque est déclarée mais avant que le jet de dé initial ne soit fait, la capacité sur cette carte ne pourra pas être utilisé après qu'elle est défaussée.
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante